Results 1 to 1 of 1
01-08-2012, 11:38 PM #1SOL BADGUY
Ivy Bridge-E HEDT Arrives in 2013
We won't play Capt. Obvious in stating that Intel's next high-end desktop (HEDT) platform is codenamed "Ivy Bridge-E," but we've dug up some reliable information pointing at its launch time-frame, and compatibility with current "Sandy Bridge-E" platform. The latest version of the client platform road-map by Intel, which looks deep into 2013, indicates that launch of the next-generation HEDT platform will follow that of the first Core "Haswell" socket LGA1150 processors. Core "Haswell" is a line of next-generation client processors, that succeed the current Core "Ivy Bridge" series. The first Core "Haswell" chips arrive in Q2-2013, according to the road-map
The Ivy Bridge-E HEDT platform, on the other hand, arrives in Q3-2013 (July-September). What's more, we've learned that the Ivy Bridge-E processors could retain support for current socket LGA2011 motherboards based on the Intel X79 Express chipset, with simple BIOS updates. Much like today's Core i7 Sandy Bridge-E processors, Ivy Bridge-E processors will occupy Premium Performance and Extreme product positions, and could be generally expensive.
Very little is known about Ivy Bridge-E at this point, except that Intel could built the chips on its swanky new 22 nm silicon-fabrication process, and that the new chips could pack six cores or more.
In related news, the road-map confirms the entry of Core i7-3970X Extreme Edition some time in Q4-2012 (October-December).
- Viewsonic Intros Ultimate Gaming Display
- SP/Silicon Power Presents Diamond-Check USB 3.0 Swivel Flash...
- Logitech’s T400 Touch Mouse at 50% Off
- Kingston Ships DataTraveler Vault Privacy 3.0
- Apacer AM700 multi-function card reader with OTG technology
- ViewSonic Introduces ViewSync WPG-370
- Silicon Power Intros “2014 Year of the Horse” Flash Drives
- Kingmax Expands Industrial Products
- SP/Silicon Power unveils Xpower DDR3 Memory Module
- Sapphire’s Radeon R9 290X Launched
01-08-2012 11:38 PM # ADSCircuit advertisement
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)